- Valleys, mountains and vineyards
- Famous for its award-winning wines and historic towns
- Two hours’ drive north of Sydney. Fly from Sydney with QantasLink, from Melbourne, Gold Coast and Brisbane with Jetstar and Virgin Blue. Newcastle Airport is one hours' drive to the Hunter Valley.
With more than 120 wineries, the Hunter Valley produces some terrific wines, loved at home and abroad, including the crisp Hunter Semillon and the ripe Hunter Shiraz. Complement the wine with superb cuisine and stylish boutique accommodation for the perfect getaway.
Wine and food buffs can join a winery tour to sample some of the region’s gourmet delights. Others may prefer to indulge in some serious pampering at a day spa or teeing off from one of the region’s three championship golf courses.
- Sip a Hunter Semillon and a Hunter Shiraz at a cellar door.
- Visit the cellar doors of some of the wine "bluebloods", such as McGuigan, Tyrrell, Tulloch and Drayton, whose families have been making wine for generations.
- Explore the galleries, antiques and specialty stores in Morpeth, a National Trust-classified town.
- Taste handmade washed rind and white mould cheeses from Pokolbin.
- Go bargain hunting in the historic villages of Wollombi, Morpeth and Broke.
- Hunter Valley Gardens, Pokolbin, featuring 12 themed gardens over 25 hectares.
- Seeing the Hunter Valley from the air – in a Tiger Moth, helicopter or even a hot-air balloon at sunrise.
- Maitland Gaol, Maitland.
- A tour of the wineries in a horse-drawn cart or on a bicycle.
- Gourmet cooking lessons or a food- and wine-matching course.
- Waterfest, Lake St Clair, in March.
- Hunter Valley Steamfest, Maitland, in April.
- Lovedale Long Lunch, at seven participating wineries, in May.
- Jazz in the Vines, Tyrrell’s Vineyard, in October.
- Feast of the Olive, Pokolbin district, in September.
Don't want to take the retular tour? Lux it up with a Heliciopter Lunch
A. Hunter Valley B. Sydney
Business Owners - Get a premium listing now - Add photos, opening times, galleries and more! Contact Us for details.
Kirketon Boutique Hotel
Hotel Kirketon From EUR 100 per night